Subject: Ed: Global Analysis and Assessment of Sanitation and Drinking-Water (GLAAS) – 2024/25
From: "Leena Albreht" <[email-masked]>
To: "TA Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 20:27:16 +0200

Palun registreerida

Saatja: EURO WATSAN <[email-masked]>
Saatmisaeg: esmaspäev, 4. märts 2024 10:16
Adressaat: Ms E. Ohov ([email-masked]) <[email-masked]>
Koopia: [email-masked]; Leena Albreht <[email-masked]>;
Aive Telling <[email-masked]>; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; SCHMIEGE, Dennis <[email-masked]>; EURO WATSAN
<[email-masked]>
Teema: Global Analysis and Assessment of Sanitation and Drinking-Water
(GLAAS) – 2024/25

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To:

WHO national counterparts

Cc:

Focal points to the UNECE-WHO/Europe Protocol on Water and Health

Members of the Environment and Health Task Force

WHO representatives and heads of country offices

Dear WHO national counterparts,

Dear colleagues,

The World Health Organization (WHO) is pleased to announce the upcoming
launch of the UN-Water Global Analysis and Assessment of Sanitation and
Drinking-Water (GLAAS) 2024-25 country survey in April 2024. In
preparation of the launch, we would like to invite countries to express
their interest in participating in the GLAAS 2024/2025 cycle.

GLAAS aims to assist countries analyze the delivery and effectiveness of
sanitation and drinking-water services by looking at government plans,
policies and laws, institutional arrangements and investments in terms of
financial and human resources. After six successful reporting cycles,
GLAAS has become the recognized global monitoring mechanism for
Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 6 on water, sanitation and hygiene
(WASH), specifically targets 6a and 6b as means of implementation. For the
2024/25 cycle, GLAAS has expanded the focus on human resources and climate
resilience and WASH.

The GLAAS survey is open to all interested countries. The benefits of
participating in the GLAAS country survey include:

*	Countries will contribute to global progress reporting on SDG 6,
in particular targets 6a and 6b, as well as to regional reporting schemes,
such as the UNECE-WHO/Europe Protocol on Water and Health.
*	GLAAS supports the generation of evidence for sector analysis,
planning and budgeting, helps increase policy attention and resources for
the WASH sector and informs national WASH target-setting and
implementation.

It is envisaged that if a country chooses to participate in GLAAS, data
collection will take place from April 2024 to October 2024. Country
summary results will be produced and returned to countries to ensure
endorsement, validation and use at country level. The global GLAAS summary
report will be published in the third quarter of 2025. (The GLAAS
2021/2022 cycle data and highlights are available on the GLAAS data
portal:  <https://glaas.who.int/> https://glaas.who.int.)

Completing the GLAAS questionnaire requires collaboration and inputs of
several sectors and agencies. It is advisable to identify a national focal
person within a lead ministry or department who will be responsible for
coordinating the national GLAAS process, and to establish a working group
composed of representatives from various sectors (such as health, finance,
education, environment, water, statistics and other relevant departments),
which can contribute to the process.

We would like to cordially invite you to participate in the GLAAS
2024/2025 cycle. We would be grateful if you could send us an expression
of interest confirming your country’s participation in the GLAAS 2024/25
survey. Please send your response to Dr Fiona Gore and Dr Dennis Schmiege
at  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked] and  <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked], preferably by 10 April 2024.

In the GLAAS 2021/22 reporting cycle, you, Elen Ohov, were the designated
national GLAAS focal point for Estonia. If you are interested in
participating in the GLAAS 2024/25 cycle, please either confirm the
National GLAAS Focal Point or provide the name, title and contact details
of the newly appointed GLAAS focal point.

Upon confirmation of your interest in participating, we will provide you
with further guidance, including the survey questionnaire and a related
guidance note, which will be made available in multiple languages,
including in English, French, Russian and Spanish in due course. Training
modules will also be made available in multiple languages.

Thank you very much for your kind consideration, and we look forward to
hearing from you.

Sincerely yours,

Robb Butler

Director

Division of Communicable Diseases, Environment and Health

Sent by Water and Climate Programme

European Centre for Environment and Health

WHO Regional Office for Europe

Bonn, Germany

+49 228 815 0404

Visit us:
<http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/environment-and-health/water-and
-sanitation> Water and Sanitation |
<http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/environment-and-health/climate-c
hange> Climate Change

Follow WHO on  <https://m.facebook.com/WHOEurope/> Facebook |
<https://twitter.com/WHO> Twitter |
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9g4wFmW4FY&list=PLL4_zLP7J_mhqUVlZ1ynz27
UIosn0jB0_> YouTube  <https://www.instagram.com/whoeurope/> | Instagram